If you don’t get enough water, you may suffer from dehydration.
1. Drinking water reduces hunger; it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
2. It helps in avoiding headaches and back pains which are essentially caused by dehydration.
3. You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated! It moisturizes your skin and keeps your skin fresh, as a tulip in water. Your skin would glow and shine.
4. You can feel more energetic and alert than ever. Drinking water regulates your body temperature, as a result you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle. It is important to drink water after exercise. When you exercise, you lose water through sweat. This is water that needs to be adequately replaced for you to maintain optimal health.
5. Water is helpful for digestion.
6. Water improves our immune system and drinking water with two drops of lemon juice is quite beneficial.
7. Water flushes out waste products that are produced by our body. It removes toxins from our body.
8. Your body is relaxed and feels at ease when it receives sufficient amount of water daily. It keeps you in a good mood, it is quite clear that to keep ourselves healthy, active, fresh and happy we ought to drink water daily and our intake should be sufficient.
The functions of water in human body are vital.
• Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
• Moisturizes the air in lungs
• Helps with metabolism
• Protects our vital organ
• Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
• Regulates body temperature
• Protects and moisturizes our joints
The most common signs of dehydration are:
• Cracked Lips
• Dry, sticky mouth
• Extreme headache
• Producing less urine or darker urine
How to avoid dehydration? Here are a few pointers from The Ardilaun Leisure Club
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
2. Drink fluids slowly by constantly sipping throughout the day.
4. Drink water before, during, and after exercise–slowly!
5. Carry a water bottle whenever possible, especially relevant when participating in outdoor activities in warm weather.